10 April 2012

Playing some catch-up

I cannot believe that it is April already. The time has flown by, and I have been rather lax in my responsibility in keeping up this blog. As always, my apologies. Like anything in life, I just need to make this a priority in life to keep this updated.

With all that said, HAPPY AND BLESSED EASTER!

It's hard to imagine that we are already in the Tuesday of the Easter Octave, and that this great feast is already here. Lent kept me rather busy, always coming and going from one event or location. Confessions, stations, and other events filled the schedule - but I was always taking the time to slow down as much as I could, so that I would not become burned out. Whether it was for an evening or for ten minutes, that time that I could just "be" was precious - and I treasured every moment of it.

But I did so not because I wanted to become lazy, but, rather, so that I could recollect that peace and zeal so as to become grounded once again in the ways of the Lord.

Holy Week and the Triduum were awesome times. Although this was my second season as a priest, the celebrations seemed a little more intense and within grasp. Maybe it's because I was doing this for the second time, or maybe I was so very excited to be using the new translation . . . Well, whatever it was, it was very enjoyable. But I'm still exhausted. I'm really enjoying Easter this year . . . I feel like I've rediscovered the joy that comes with the season. It's been awesome.

Now today is catch-up day for me . . . need to work on some projects and hopefully focus on some other moments of spiritual rest.



Enjoy the journey . . .

 

No comments: