26 November 2014

Being Thankful for What We DON'T Have

Seeing so many posts on social media about how many people are thankful for what they have (which IS a good thing), the thought crossed my mind if we're ever thankful for what we DON'T have.

For example, I'm thankful that I don't have:

- massive debt
- estranged family
- serious health problems
- major problems in my job / vocation

And the list could go on.


It's easy at times to be able to rattle off a list of things that we have that we're grateful for. And we should be able to do that. But sometimes we need to know what we're grateful for that we don't have in our lives. It may take us a little longer to compile the list, and that list will be shorter, but it's important to recognize those items as well.

Just a little thought that I had.

To you and yours, a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving.



----------


Enjoy the journey . . .    

No comments: