22 August 2010

New Beginnings


Well, here I am. Almost two months following my ordination to the priesthood, and it's still all so new.

I'm hoping that now that a rhythm is starting to set in, I'll be able to post a little more frequently. My goal is at least one post a week.

To fill in the blanks . . .

Following my ordination on June 26, the Bishop has assigned me as Parochial Vicar at Saint Alphonsus Parish and part-time chaplain at Mount Alvernia High School. Saint Alphonsus Parish is 170 years old, and is the first parish in the USA to bear the title of this particular saint. Saint Alphonsus was canonized in 1839, and the Redemptorist priests who began the parish - Saint John Neumann and Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos (of whom I have a strong devotion to) - decided to name this parish after the founder of their order.

I'm not too sure about Mount Alvernia quite yet. I haven't had a chance to get to the school and meet everyone at this point. But I know that I will be soon.


Until then, enjoy the journey . . .




No comments: