21 December 2008

What I've missed . . .

I've realized, though albeit for only a little over 24 hours, how much I have missed parish life. I do feel refreshed and energized being back at my assignment parish for this short period. I think that I miss working with the people the most. I guess this is why I find my Independent Study with the Discernment Group so refreshing: it gives me a chance to be out there helping people grow in their relationship with Christ.

It's been a busy few days . . . retreat / Advent Gathering at SPS, Bishop's Reception, parish life, outings with friends - and Christmas coming in a few days. Things are really hectic! But I enjoy it . . . I enjoy being able to be busy through the day only to collapse at night, exhausted, but not from boredom. I think that, at school, boredom can creep in because it's a lot of the same things day after day: Classes, prayer, meetings, homework . . . it can seem like a never-ending cycle. It's trying to find the extraordinary that sometimes makes things bearable. (I'm not saying that I don't like school. I don't like the tests and papers, but do enjoy learning and applying the material. I guess every student can relate to that on some level.)

Well, we do what we can. Let us rejoice! . . . The celebration of the Anniversary of the Incarnation of the Lord is upon us! Maranatha! Come, Lord Jesus!


Enjoy the journey . . .

No comments: