22 March 2013

A Requesting Prayer

Dear Lord:

I'm scared and frightened for the next step of the journey.

Yet I'm also excited and amazed for what is to come.

I don't know where You are taking me,

But I trust in You.

Your kindness and mercy have always been with me,

And Your fidelity to me and my life is beyond compare.

Sometimes I think that I'm crazy for having followed You so far;

Sometimes I seem to lose my trust and faith in You.

Nevertheless, You are with me.

Eyes close, I choose You as my guide;

Eyes open, I'm blinded by Your glory and power.

With closed hands, I can't let go of myself.

Open my hands, so that I may hold on to You.

My soul cries out to You, like a child crying out in lost terror for its parent.

Comfort me, O God; give me Your consolation!

Help me in the midst of my confusion and doubt.

Rescue me from my insecurities.

Grace me with wisdom and knowledge to know what is truly Your will.

Help me see and share in Your vision.

Purify my heart to become like Yours.

Overshadow me to become like You.

Allow me to taste if Your goodness.

Shield me from my enemies - human or otherwise.

Send me where You need me.

Use me as You need me.

Allow me to become a mirror for You,

Simply reflecting Your living presence in this world.

Save me from myself.

Empty me of my pride, selfishness, and self-centeredness.

Humble me to know only of exaltation through You.

Renew within me the gift of peace only You can give.

Allow me to know that I can love only because You loved me first.

Settle my anxieties.

Restrain my wild imagination.

Let my friends be holy, so that I may learn holiness from them, and they from me.

Transform my life to reflect Your radiance.

Be with me.

Make me like You.

Amen.





Enjoy the journey . . .

No comments: