22 March 2013

Prayer for a Difficult Situation

Lord, grant me strength and guidance.

Let me know that these choices I've made are really for the good of Your people, and not just my selfish pride.

Allow me to see past the heartache of the situation, and come to know that You're really working in and through everything.

Let this cross not be of Gestas, but of Saint Dismas, recognizing Your mercy, even in the midst of his suffering.

Comfort me and console me with Your wisdom.

Shepherd me, so that I may shepherd others.

Let me be that shepherd after Your Sacred Heart.

Allow the suffering in this situation to be joined with Yours on Your Cross, so that all involved may be redeemed through Your Passion and Death.

Allow the glory of Your Resurrection breathe new life into the hearts, minds, and lives of all involved.

Let us know of Your presence.

Protect us from the deceits of the Evil One.

Draw us to Yourself.

Give us Your peace.

Amen.


-----------------------------

I wrote this last night in response to an awkward and frustrating situation I'm involved in here at the parish. Please keep me, and all those involved, in your prayers. Thank you.











Enjoy the journey . . . 


No comments: