02 August 2013

Is It Sunday Yet?

That's the question that I've been asking myself since Monday.

I leave for my annual retreat this Sunday.


I'm so already there.


The last two weeks prior to this one, I was "acting pastor", since the pastor was away on his vacation. And I was away from the parish for three days this week due to my participation in the "Good Leaders, Good Shepherds" (GLGS) program. And these last weeks have been, on the whole, good ones.

I just got to the point that, on Monday, I basically checked out and started my "retreat mode". And while I attended GLGS this week, and have been attending to the parish duties and responsibilities, The evenings have become the time in which the interior preparation for my retreat has begun. 

But the message to me is clear: It's time for me to get away and take a break. I need to recharge . . . I need to, with love to the people I serve, get away from the parish so I can serve it better.


But, mentally, I'm already on retreat . . .



. . . And that's not a bad thing.






Enjoy the journey . . .
 

No comments: