17 January 2014

17 Months and Counting

This past Wednesday, 15 January 2014, I observed (and, yes, celebrated) my 17-month anniversary here at Saint Teresa of Avila Parish. As I looked back at the months I have been here, I came to recognize that I have, in fact, become more comfortable not only here at the parish, but in my priesthood, as well.

As for the day itself, I celebrated 7:00 AM Mass, attended my one-day workshop for this month's "Good Leaders, Good Shepherds" ongoing formation, followed by a quick team meeting for GLGS, and then off to dinner and a Penguins' hockey game. (We won, by the way, 4-3 over the Washington Capitals.) It was a full day, but overall enjoyable.

Each day continues to be a new adventure. And while not every day is what I expect it or hope it to be, I still can't seeing myself doing or being anything else.

Except being invisible. I would love to be invisible. 

And able to fly.


That being said, I'm enjoying my time here, and look forward to many more months of priestly ministry.




Enjoy the journey . . .

No comments: