01 April 2008

And we celebrate some more!

Happy Feast Day to all the Benedictines out there!

It's been a crazy few days here with special Masses. Yesterday, the transferred Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord, we held our Institution to the Ministry of Lector. Five guys (including one of my diocesan brothers) received the ministry, and took a step closer to ordination. And though it was only a little over 13 months since I received the ministry, I was excited for these guys. Most of them I've known for two or more years, and so it was exciting to see them take this step towards the priesthood.

This afternoon, we attended a special Mass in the Basilica for the transferred Solemnity of the Passing of Saint Benedict. It was a good Mass . . . and even better for me since I didn't have to do anything for it.

But now I'm all solemnitied out. After everyday in the Easter Octave being a solemnity, and these two transferred celebrations (one which is local because of the Benedictine community), I'm quite happy to go to "regular" Easter weekdays for a bit.


But I'll celebrate a little . . . one month of classes left!

No comments: