02 December 2010

The End and the Beginning

Blessed Advent!

It's difficult to believe that the end of the calendar year of 2010 is almost upon us, yet the beginning of the Year of Grace 2011 has already begun!  During these first few months as a priest, I have anxiously awaited this Season of Advent (no pun intended).  This, to me, begins the "first year" of my priesthood . . . not that it didn't start on June 26th, but with the beginning of the Church's calendar, it gave me a chance - as it does for all of us - to begin things again with continuing to find ways to become a better follower of Christ.

This Advent is allowing me to put my relationship with God back in order.  Though while the major portions of my spiritual life were there, I found myself wanting to go deeper in my relationship with God - which is something we're all called to do.  And this beginning of Advent has helped me do this: It was the end of trying to fit everything in and the beginning of putting everything in its proper place.  I now find myself more-or-less where I feel I need to be, but always digging deeper.  I'm once again finding that peace which only Christ can give.

But I am hopefully not stopping here.  I need to move deeper - I need to continue to work on my relationship with Christ and his Church.  It is what He asks of me.

So, Happy New Year of Grace 2011!  

What are your "new year's resolutions" to come to know Christ better this year?



Enjoy the journey . . .

No comments: