19 December 2010

Just can't believe . . .

- that it's less than one week until Christmas.  I'm looking forward to celebrating Christmas this year.  Not that I don't generally, but more specifically this year since it will be my first Christmas as a priest.

- that I'll be celebrating my (and my classmates') six-month anniversary of ordination the day after Christmas (the feast of Saint Stephen).  Time has truly flown by during these six months!

- that it's less than eight months away until World Youth Day 2011 is celebrated in Madrid, Spain.  Everything for this pilgrimage is entering the time where the rubber meets the road.

- that winter will officially be here in less than two days.  (Although, by what the weather has been around here [and elsewhere], one would think that winter came quite some time ago.)

- how many confessions I've heard in the last number of weeks . . . and it won't stop for a while.  And, honestly, I'm not complaining - it has been a joyful and humbling experience.

- that this year of 2010 is just about over.  Time has come and gone quickly.  It doesn't stop, nor does it slow down.  I think that I need to remember, however, to stop and slow down from time-to-time, so that I can appreciate the time that is presented to me.

- that there's more to come.



Enjoy the journey . . .

No comments: