20 February 2011

A Personal Prayer

While I was on vacation, I took the opportunity on the final day to sit at one of the overlooks and drink in not only the beauty of the scenery (overlooking the Missouri River and the state of Missouri, too!), but the opportunity to listen to what the Lord was saying to me.  During that time, I wrote a little prayer.  And while I do hold that this prayer is a bit personal, I hope that even one person may find it helpful in their life.  

***************

Lord Jesus Christ,
       Breath of my life,
       Song of my soul,
       Flame of my heart,

Confirm within me Your grace
       To be Your Presence,
       To know of Your Love,
       To live in Your Light,
       To trust in Your Providence.

Allow me to abandon myself completely to Your Will.

Empower me to live my life in complete conviction to the Gospel.

Open me to the movement of Your Spirit dwelling within me.

Enfold me in Your Loving and Sacred Heart.

Unite my sufferings to Yours for the redemption of the world.

Let Your Holy Cross
       Be my banner of victory,
       Be my altar of sacrifice,
       Be my sign of love for the world.

Make me like You
       In all that I say,
       In all that I think,
       In all that I do.

May my presence be Your Presence to all I encounter.

Allow me to grow in faith, hope and charity,
       For I place my life in Your Hands.

Amen.








Enjoy the journey . . .

1 comment:

Sancta Patricia Hildegardensis said...

People need to have a personal relationship with God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Therefore, though you may think your prayer is somewhat personal, it is what helps others relate to you, and therefore ultimately to God. Your prayer is wonderful, courageous and inspiring. Thanks for sharing!