12 February 2011

VACATION . . .

. . . all I ever wanted.

I'll be leaving for a vacation on Monday with a classmate from the Diocese of Erie to visit one of our classmates in Kansas.  I think that it will be a wonderful time.  And while I've seen both classmates since our graduation from SVS in May, this will be the first time which the three of us will be together.  Like I said, it should be a wonderful time.

Today marks my seven-month anniversary in the parish.  It's hard to believe it's (only) been that long.  Yes, some days it doesn't feel like seven months; some days it feels like seven years.  (But that is normal in anything that we do.)  It's wonderful - in some ways - to see the passage of time in one's life, and also notice how we're shaped by time's passage.

And so I look forward to Monday, to vacation, and to spending some good time with good friends.  I just hope the weather cooperates, and, from what I've been seeing, it should.  Heck, even now the sun is shining!




Enjoy the journey . . .





1 comment: